Take part in a 7-week entrepreneurship course and learning group!
Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact
Are you ready to bring change for a healthier planet?
Do you want to learn how to integrate the triple bottom line – people, planet, profit – into your business, or design a new social enterprise based on environmental sustainability and social impact?
Do you wish to become member of a learning group to share experiences, progress and tackle societal or environmental challenges together?
Join DESSI-CoP – our Community of Practice around Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact!
The Community of Practice is limited to 30 participants, selected on a first come, first served basis.
The final deadline to register is the 12 th of October. Due to the nature of the Community of Practice, it would be important for you to attend all in-person workshops.
What is DESSI-CoP?
In partnership with +Acumen, the world’s school for social change, we are offering a 7-week blended learning course comprising:
- 5 online modules
- 7 in-person workshops, designed and facilitated to strengthen the learning experience and apply the concepts in practice, including a Kick-Off Session and a Debrief/Celebration Session
The modules will introduce you to the key mindsets and methods for strategically approaching environmental sustainability and social impact. The Community of Practice (peer learning group) will enable you to solidify acquired knowledge through peer-to-peer exchange.
The language of the course as well as that of the communication and the learning materials is ENGLISH.
There are two components of the Community of Practice – the online course and the in-person workshops. The online modules are followed autonomously in your own time, while in-person, facilitated workshops are going to take place every Monday evening from 6 to 8PM. Tea, coffee and healthy snacks will be provided.
Schedule of the in-person peer learning workshops:
Monday, 14 October
- Global Kick-Off: Meet your peers and define your focus topic
Monday, 21 October
- Module 1: The link between poverty and the environment
Monday, 28 October
- Module 2: Mapping the socio-ecological system
Monday, 4 November
- Module 3: Circular economy
Monday, 11 November
- Module 4: Behaviour change for environmental conservation
Monday, 18 November
- Module 5: Natural capital and making the business case for environmental conservation
Monday, 25 November
- Closing session, celebration (yes, there will be booze…)
Online course ends: Monday, 25 November
A certificate is awarded by +Acumen upon completion of all modules and assignments.
This course is directed at social entrepreneurs, conservation entrepreneurs, corporate intrapreneurs, or any other person wishing to better understand, communicate or incorporate environmental sustainability and social impact to their core activity. It is also an opportunity for career-shifters to redefine their orientation and discern their niche within the increasingly relevant field of sustainability. Most importantly, this course provides a framework for designing your own social enterprise.
Why should you join?
As a result of participating in the DESSI-CoP you will:
- Design a social enterprise, fictive or real, that responds to a local environmental challenge
- Equip yourself with the mindset and methods needed to approach environmental sustainability and social impact, applicable to your organisation and personal or professional projects
- Develop and be part of a community of peers for an enhanced learning experience, building lasting relationships with local changemakers
- Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course
- If you’re not already a member of Impact Hub Budapest, you’ll gain access to an international network of social entrepreneurs and a community of like-minded people as well as potential mentoring and support